Strong, plastic moulded shoe horn with a long handle for easy reach
Especially for people with chronic illnesses or impairments, not every day is easy.
At JB Medical, We recognizes the importance of fall prevention equipment and its vital role in reducing injury, reducing physical and legal risks, as well as safeguarding the health of patients.
Adding comfort to the daily life.
WHAT WE OFFER
Our living aid solutions.
Leading the charge in the field of bariatric health education.
We at JB Medical are committed to providing our clients with the best possible use of our equipment. By providing instructions on how to use our products correctly, not only will patients benefit from better outcomes, but also the equipment’s lifespan will be extended.
Disability status is the measure of the limitation severity that are experienced by individuals. In 2018, the proportion of people in comparison to the Australian population found to have:
- Profound limitation was 3.2%
- Severe limitation was 2.6%
- Moderate limitation was 2.4%
- Mild limitation was 6.1%
Disability is a multi-faceted condition that has multiple interactions between the health condition and:
- external factors: Community attitudes, access to quality care and services & environmental conditions
- Personal factors: mental health, physical capabilities, age, gender
These factors can have a positive or negative impact on the person’s ability and wellbeing to perform activities of daily living (ADLs). Therefore, personal disability can be varied between two different individuals with similar health conditions. They may experience totally different levels of symptoms and problems.
- There are 4.4 million or 18% of Australian population living with a disability (1 in 6 people) in 2018
- Physical is the main form of diability affecting 77% of people with at least a disability. The remaining 23%, the main form of disability is mental (ABS 2019b).
- The prevalence of disability generally increases with age with 50% of people aged 65 and over are registered to have a disability (ABS 2019b).
- One-third of people with disability have severe and profound disability requiring constant help with daily self-care, mobility or communication. This is 1.41 million or 5.7% of total Australian population (ABS 2019a).
Frequently asked questions.
The products can be beneficial to hospitals and elderly care facilities (including assisted living facilities) as well as people at their homes and in their communities. Both individuals and assisted living facilities can benefit from the variety of daily living aids available.
The items will be delivered by our Customer Service Drivers or by a courier service.